Forum rules - please read before posting.

Anyone using Final IK with AC?

Comments

• @Snebjorn ah that's good to know. Maybe I'll leave the interaction stuff down the road for now.
  • edited March 2016
    @ChrisIceBox Yes Chris, I know that actually, I just realise how much work it is to make a well function cutscene, and it's just that retargeting is one of those things where some handles like holding a ball at a certain moment and be able to control that easily in an AC function would be comfortable, just to speed up the process. However, I understand that it is possible to write an own script, probably I am just too lazy or realize there is so much work to do every time that it would come in handy, though I understand you are constantly working on AC so I for sure don't want to give you any extra work to do that might not even be essential. I think that GetHeadTarget function or any other function that controls a body part, functioning the same the way it does with the Object : Blendshape (Smoothing and transition time) would make this out of the box and godlike easy. I should maybe also check myself and take some time to write a script. It's just that time takes time :) And I am getting too much spoiled with everything that already comes out of the box with AC :)

Well, when I use the interaction script from Snjeborn, and this is because the head is not in the body parts of the Fincal IK script for probably a particular reason, the head as one of those body parts is not present as an available effector which is a bit of a pity. @Snebjorn Ideas? 
  • It's simply that the FullBodyBipedEffector enum in Final IK doesn't define the head - but depending on what you're trying to do, there may still be solutions to the problem.

Could you describe an example of what you would want to do with it?
  • I get this when I put Snejborn's script in the Actions folder:

The script 'C:\Users\Deckard\Desktop\MyGame\Assets\AdventureCreator\Scripts\Actions\ACFinalIKInteraction.cs' must derive from AC's Action class in order to be available as an Action.

:((
  • edited April 2016
    Ooops - looks like I may need to update the online version!

Busy with other stuff, but will try and get an new version up tomorrow.
  • No worries mate.
  • edited April 2016
    Hmmm - online version still seems to work fine for me (AC 1.51b, Unity 5.3.4) - and I can see it's actually identical to the version I'm using in my main project. Thought I might have changed something, but apparently not.

I notice the filename is different - the one I have on dropbox is called FinalIK_RunInteraction.cs

... and no, I obviously couldn't leave it 'til the morrow! :D

Does it look ok in a code editor?
  • My bad - I renamed the file and then misspelled the new name in the code. I really must get stronger coffee ~O)

Thanks for the script by the way - now my character can open cupboards and doors without having to resort to telekinesis.

• Glad it's seeing some use - I currently seem to be stuck building environments, which is not as much fun as I thought it would be ...  >:P
  • Certainly some good use. Me too was stuck building environments :(( tOok much more time than anticipated
  • Guys! Hello! Awesome thread, just recently discovered it. Have been making some gameplay prototypes with AC in combination with other assets, most notably AC/Final IK, AC/UFPS/Final IK.

I have a small request: could someone make a simple step by step explanation on how to set up Snebjorns script properly for a point-and-click controlled game. I’m frustratingly close to get it working—but just not there.
  • Yeah I'd like o hear it too  :)
  • I'll try and find the time for it this week. Bit of a busy schedule, but I plan to do some Final IK interaction stuff anyway, so might as well write down the required steps and post a guide here.
  • Thanks man! Looking forward to it!
  • Looking forward to it:)
  • Probably not going to happen this week as I'm now officially out of action with some sort of nasty spring flu. Gave up trying to write code yesterday, decided to work a bit on the Final IK interaction tutorial today, but only managed to confuse myself and mess up the Unity project I'd set up for the purpose.

Right now I find the puzzles in Tetris too hard, even if I pause the game ...  :-B
  • Thats great Snebjorn, I hope you get better soon, looking foward to check those guides of yours. You did such a nice job with the interactions.
  • edited May 2016
    Back in action again, but I have a couple of really busy days ahead, so won't have the time to get around to this until Thursday evening, I'm afraid.

Do the rest of you Final IK users feel comfortable setting up characters and interactions already, or should I do a more complete walkthrough of setting everything up, including the use of the Final IK grounder?
  • @Snebjorn: Thanks to your script (and watching Partel's tutorials approximately 600 times) I'm quite comfortable doing interactions with AC. I think Grounder is pretty simple. The only thing I don't have going is Look at IK, (in relation to AC Hotspots). Although, I'm also using Opsive's TPC and will have enemies and combat so it could be a little more complicated in my case. I can only speak for myself of course - other people might need a complete guide. Either way, it's really great of you to help the AC community out. :-B