Forum rules - please read before posting.

Change walk sprites

edited June 2015 in Technical Q&A
Hello,

Im not 100% sure best way to do this:

I got a player walking around. But I need to use item (pair of glasses) which plays animation where he puts on glasses.

This glasses player needs to now use all the glasses walk animations I have created instead of the original ones I set

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks

Gavin

Comments

• Use the Character: Animate Action and set the method to "Set Standard".  The exact fields beneath will vary based on your animation engine, but that'll be where to change the idle / walk etc animations.
  • ok thanks :)

i will have a look at that now. see if it makes sense to me haha
  • Quick update. This worked amazing!

The more i learn about this package, the more i love it :D
  • edited July 2016
    EDIT:  I had a typo (had pasted the animation name in twice) in my "Clip:" field of "Set Standard".  Any chance this can be a selection rather than text field in the future?

Hi, sorry this is an old thread, but its a relevant follow up question.

When using "Set Standard" to change a walk animation etc.  Do these extra animations all go into the same animation controller?

I have a walk animation with a bag, another without, i am using "Set Standard" to temporarily change to a different walk animation but am getting console errors.

So just wanted to check if its an animation controller thing first.  If not ill sort out some screenshots and post console errors.

Thanks
  • @Rickious: Afraid not - that would break existing Actions, but it's also not possible for AC to detect what the options shown ought to be.
  • OK fair enough. This is a lesson in having logical naming regimes and double checking spelling before posting on forums.  Appologies and thanks  :)