Forum rules - please read before posting.

2D Sprite Masks Not Aligning To Camera

I'm using 2D sprites as masks and have noticed that they aren't perfectly aligned to the game camera in my 2.5D project.

The 'Camera Align To' box is ticked and it 'does' line up, but just not 100%. For example, see this screenshot of a sprite that should be fixed in the top left of the window:

It's as if the sprite is aligned to the plane/overall scene perspective than the actual camera directly.

Comments

• The Align To Camera component will make it face the right way, but won't correct the scale for you: you'll have to increase the size of it manually until it looks right.
  • Hi Chris,

I know about that, but the problem isn't the scale as such, it's that it's not in perspective with the camera, no matter what I do to the scale. I can't make it 'line up' at all, it's always on a slant at the edge. If I move the sprite to the right-hand side of the screen, the sprite's right-edge does the same thing, although inverse, obviously.
  • Check the Transform component - do the rotation values match of the sprite match that of the GameCamera it's linked to?
  • God Lord, thanks Chris, that was the problem, thank you very much :)