Forum rules - please read before posting.

Camera Follow Stops After Switch

edited June 2015 in Technical Q&A
Hello,

I have set my scene up so there are 4 different areas, of the same place (for now). 

Anyway, I have a cam at each place with a player follow on.

When i swtich to a different cam, that cam then stops following the player.}

I have uploaded a video below for reference, and lets face it, much better to show than explain.

anyway, any ideas on how to solve it or any other ideas on a fix?

I should not i have tried using only 1 cam and teleporting it, but that wouldnt work. think it was because of the follow script min and max attached to it.

Thanks

Gav

Comments

• It's because the camera is offset by the player's original position, so when the player is on the second "area", it's now at the maximum constraint position.

Try increasing the min/max constraints by the distance between the two areas - seems to be about 40 from the video.
  • Thanks of the response Chris, I see what you mean...

the problem with this is that, the cam will take a while to catch up to the player when it teleports, so time if fades back in, the cam will be panning to new position... can have longer blackness, but wont look great.

Im thinking of just creating seperate scenes for each area now. think it may be easier that way...

So this is now thread redundant and closed :)

Thanks

Gav