Forum rules - please read before posting.

Action Object -> Send message don't Enable Hotspot anymore

edited June 2015 in Technical Q&A
Hi Chris,
I recently upgraded from 1.44b to 1.46 and noticed in my first level (the oldest) that the disabled hotspot don't become enabled with the action Object -> Send message -> (hotspot) -> Turn on.
It works if I substitute it with the action Hotspot -> Enable or disable.
The problem is I have A LOT of cutscenes with A LOT of hotspot being enabled with the Object action (the very first version of AC doesn't have the Hotspot action). 
It's possible to re-enable that Send message to re-enable hotspot? Maybe some line in some of the script... [-O<
Thanks and bye!

Comments

• In v1.46 the Object: Send message for hotspots don't work anymore. You have to either use Hotspot: Enable or disable or wait until Chis updates adventure creator so it can be fixed.
  • Yep, I noticed... that's why I wrote this post.  :|
  • I'll release a new update out shortly - given some of the older projects that use this, this is a bit more of a problem than I first thought.
  • I can imagine, don't worry, take your time to make the update, i'm not in a hurry. I just need to know that's a temporary issue, because in the new levels with the new version i use the correct actions.
    But i prefer not to modify (and test for the 1.000 time) the first levels. I just tryed it after the update because i was afraid that something was break... yep, eheh...
    Thanks again @ChrisIceBox!
  • Nope, it's pretty serious - even the Physics demo stopped working because of it.  v1.46d is now out.
  • Woah! You are my new hero! LOL!
    Tested and works great, thanks man!
    Action comment is great! 
    :D