Forum rules - please read before posting.

Draggable collider error in console

edited June 2015 in Technical Q&A
I am using an object with a hole in it as my draggable mesh so I think that is causing this console error:
==================================================================
Triggers on concave MeshColliders are not supported
UnityEngine.Collider:set_isTrigger(Boolean)
AC.DragTrack_Curved:UpdateColliders(Single, Moveable_Drag) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Moveable/DragTrack_Curved.cs:188)
AC.DragTrack_Curved:UpdateDraggable(Moveable_Drag) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Moveable/DragTrack_Curved.cs:174)
AC.Moveable_Drag:UpdateMovement() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Moveable/Moveable_Drag.cs:103)
AC.StateHandler:Update() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/StateHandler.cs:206)
==================================================================

Should I use a different approach (such as using a simpler mesh object for the immediate child of the Draggable and then parenting my complex mesh to that)?

Am I wrong to try and use a draggable with a hole in it?

Is there a way to override draggable use of mesh-colliders and swap them with simpler ones (either ones I make myself in, say, Maya, or perhaps just capsule/box type ones?

I'm on Unity 5.1.0f3 and using AC v1.46 (update: checked 1.46a and no different)

Comments

• I think this is the same problem I had with the Physics demo when updating to Unity 5.  As the error explains, Unity 5 doesn't support concave MeshColliders with "Is Trigger?" set - which is exactly what the drawers were in the demo.  If you were in Unity 4, I don't think you'd have this problem.

To get around that, I had to combine a series of Box Colliders to recreate the same shape that the original Drawer mesh had.
  • I first swapped the code out on the other issue regarding the looped track and then came to look at this issue.

I can't be certain whether it was connected but right now it doesn't give any errors on play any more :)

Fingers crossed it won't reappear but I will return to this post if it does.

Ta.