Forum rules - please read before posting.

Draggable on curved track: "UnassignedReferenceException"

edited June 2015 in Technical Q&A
When I set my draggable to a Drag Trac_Curved type and set the "Is looped" on I get this error:
=================================================================
UnassignedReferenceException: The variable maxCollider of Moveable_Drag has not been assigned.
You probably need to assign the maxCollider variable of the Moveable_Drag script in the inspector.
AC.DragTrack.AssignColliders (AC.Moveable_Drag draggable) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Moveable/DragTrack.cs:28)
AC.DragTrack_Curved.Connect (AC.Moveable_Drag draggable) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Moveable/DragTrack_Curved.cs:72)
AC.Moveable_Drag.Start () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Moveable/Moveable_Drag.cs:72)
==================================================================

Any idea if it's a bug or if i'm doing something wrong?
If I set the track to not loop but to a figure like 60 or 200 degrees the draggable does work but I get other errors which aren't related to this one (apparently). I will begin a new thread for those ones.

I'm on Unity 5.1.0f3 and using AC v1.46 (update: checked 1.46a and no different)

Comments

• Likely a bug.  Open up DragTrack.cs and insert the following into line 28 (the very top of the function):

if (draggable.minCollider == null || draggable.maxCollider == null) return;

Does that solve it?
  • By insert I assume to push line 28 to 29 for this.
    I did this and the error doesn't appear any more. Makes sense it was looking for a value the looped option wouldn't have.

Cheers
  • As this is the same function and may be related I won't start a new thread for a problem I with a Looped Track...

When I get to the 0 point on the track the draggable leaps off the track.

I took a video of my screen here:

• A tough one.  If you can strip everything away in your scene except just the objects needed to demonstrate that, PM it to me and I'll look at it.
  • edited June 2015
    Aha,

I switched to a looped hinge-track and it doesn't cause the problem.

For the sake of looking into the actual problem, do you still want to take a look at the project files?

Also... I didn't know it was possible to send files in forum messages :)