Forum rules - please read before posting.

Close Up Cam?

Hi,

First of all, apologies if this has been asked already, I really did use the search function be fore posting...

I am looking for a way to have a camera that is always facing the player and that is sort of glued to his head, like a permanently attached selfie stick. This way, whenever I want my 3D character to say something, I can cut to this camera instantly, to have a good nice close up of his face, regardless of where the player is in my scene / level. With the standard game camera set ups in AC, I am running into the problem that 'Look at Player' doesn't rotate the camera to face the player. So sometimes when i cut to the close up cam, I am looking at the back of my player's head instead of his face...

I probably missed something massively obvious here, but trust me, I really did try all the options in the various cam set ups...;-) 

Comments

• You can use a GameCameraThirdPerson prefab for this: if you lock the Spin and Pitch rotations, you'll have the option Set behind target? (the target, by default, being the player).  Check it, and you'll be able to set an offset angle - so that instead of being behind the player, it can be in front.

The camera will move with the player, so that you can then cut to it wherever he is and get your close-up.