Forum rules - please read before posting.

Triggers Bug

edited June 2015 in Technical Q&A
My triggers to change cams keep having their action lists obliterated. I go and edit one trigger and then I return to the other and its action list is all over the place, not just organizationally but its commands disconnect, sometimes the object it refers to changes to the object in the other trigger I was just editing. This kind of action-list havoc happens only on triggers. I'm not sure why. I have my triggers set up like you did in your creating a 3D game tutorial so they're VERY basic. It's strange and kinda infuriating because this should only take a minute to set up and I keep going back and forth between the two triggers.

Edit: it's not just those triggers, but all my triggers, even ones I had set up before are getting ruined (actions disappear, actions connect to each other in strange ways, new actions appear of the default "Pause Game" variety). I haven't recently updated anything, I just started using Adventure Creator about week ago and action lists for other, more complicated things work fine. 

Comments

• Have you been duplicating your Trigger objects?  Any ActionList-based component will have problems if you duplicate it because of the way Unity serializes ScriptableObjects.

To get around this, you can use the ActionList Editor window to copy/paste the Actions within it.  It's not the way I'd like things to be, but it'll prevent this error from occuring - at least until Unity update this part of their system.
  • So I've recreated the triggers that were giving me problems and that did stop the actions from going crazy. Thanks. But I noticed it's switching to the wrong camera. I definitely duplicated that camera. So is it just a general rule of thumb with Adventure Creator not to duplicate anything? Even if it generated a different Constant ID. I spent too many hours on this... But at least now the rest of development will go faster. Thanks for the speedy reply, too.
  • If anybody else finds this, make an Action List for changing cameras, it'll come in handy :)
  • There's only a problem (so far as I'm aware) with duplicating ActionLists.  Cameras and all others will be fine - ConstantID numbers are updated automatically when duplicating to ensure that they're always unique.