Forum rules - please read before posting.

Hotspot interaction icons way off center

Hi guys, I've added a hotspot to my scene - did the highlight part but note that my icons appear way of center to where the actual hotspot is.  The screengrab below should give you a good idea of what I'm talking about.

http://i.imgur.com/jfOyGnA.png?1

Comments

• Are you using the Unity UI instance of the Interaction menu?  Take a screenshot of your Interaction menu's properties (in the Menu Manager), and of the Hotspot's inspector - it could be a couple of things, so I'll need to see what's what.
  • edited June 2015
    Is this perhaps related to the issue I'm currently having? After a period of inactivity I updated both my Unity 5 install and AC to 5.0.2f1 and 1.46c respectively, and I don't know from what versions either, I'm afraid, but it seems my Unity UI interaction menu is now suddenly exponentially offset from 0,0,0, as you can see in the linked image below (also, none of the images in any of my Unity UI menus are visible anymore, but unsure if that's a related issue).

• edited June 2015
    Hi Chris, I am using Unity UI. The screenshots below, what i noticed is that if i change the position type on the interaction properties to somethIng like ON HOTSPOT that seems to work

Click here for images.
    Another image
    And another

Thanks
    W
  • I can't recreate this myself - have you modified the default InteractionUI prefab at all?

@Eastman: Do you have hidden Inventory elements in that menu that might be offsetting it?  These issues could well be related.  Probably best to PM the canvas object + Menu Manager to me so I can see this for myself.
  • @ChrisIceBox, I've PMed you the files. Doesn't look like I have any inventory elements in the menu. I also have "Include Inventory items in Interaction menus?" unchecked in the Settings Manager.
  • @ChrisIceBox, okay so I managed to figure out what is causing the issue for me. The game is designed for a 640x360 resolution, so in order to have the UI scale at other resolutions (e.g. 720p, 1080p, etc) I had to have it scale with the screen size, as you see in the image below.

Now, at a resolution of 640x360, the menu appears exactly where it's supposed to. But, at e.g. 720p this issue appears.

I can't figure out if the solution to this lies with me, or with AC?

• edited June 2015
    Will just throw this in, scaling the UI manually, like below in pic, also gives the same result, and changing Reference Pixels Per Unit doesn't make a difference.

• The finer controls of the Canvas components seem something of a dark art to me.  It could be that I just didn't set the default UIs correctly - if that's the case then once you set them up properly it should work, no need to change AC's code.
  • Perhaps we'll put this down to both - AC sets the correct position, but does so before the UI elements are enabled.  For whatever reason, this causes the positioning to be screwed up.

Luckily, there's an easy fix for that - though I'd appreciate your testing it to be sure.  Open up Menu.cs, and insert the following into line 1183:

EnableUI ();

(pushing the line in it's place, beginning SetCentre, down beneath it).
  • edited June 2015
    That fixed it! 

Thanks a bunches, ever the problem fixer :)