Forum rules - please read before posting.

GameCamera Following the Player

edited June 2014 in Technical Q&A
Hey guys,
just today I found the time to try out the new Unity2D support and decided to use that in a project.
Everything is working really well and I am loving it so far. There is just one thing I can't figure out:

I want the camera to follow my player like in a sidescroller – in a way that the camera always keeps track of the player's coordinates and approaches those.

Right now I am using the unlocking and targeting options in the "Game Camera 2D" script for that. And the camera indeed DOES follow my player – or at least up to a certain point.

Yet what happens is somethign else: The camera seems follow the player by "panning" from a certain position, and then it stops. So the character can't move any further. The camera neither is locked nor constrained, and yet it doesn't assume the player's coordinates.
I think I might be missing something really simple – I would be very greatful for any help!!

Please find attached an example screenshot illustrating my problem.

Comments

• Looks like a bug.  Will have it seen to.
  • Oh, wouldn't have thought so. Thanks for looking into it Chris, I really appreciate it!
  • I have the same issue, adding a constraint and frees the camera and it becomes a case of messing about with the numbers to get it to behave properly... not ideal but an easy enough work around.
  • Fixed for 1.34.