Forum rules - please read before posting.

Save/Load doesn't save mecanim animation state.

edited June 2015 in Technical Q&A
I have an animated zombie sprite that walks on the screen using Mecanim.

When I save and after some time load my saved game, it simply continues walking from where it was when you hit the menu button (the one that brings save/load menu with Esc).

Or if I change the level and load it it simply loads up everything from the start positions.

I tried to give the zombie a constant ID, retain in prefab, put it into the resource folder and give it Remember Transform.

How to save and load a game exactly where the objects were the moment you saved it?
Thanks.

AC 1.44a

Comments

• You can't save the state of a Mecanim Animator, but your question seems to be more about the position on screen.  For that, all you should need is the RememberTransform component - the Resources folder step is only needed if you remove him from the scene hierarchy during gameplay.  Remove the Constant ID script, and just have the RememberTransform.

Are you working on iOS?  A bug involving save data on that platform will be fixed in the upcoming v1.46.