Forum rules - please read before posting.

PlayerStart position changing scene

edited May 2015 in Technical Q&A

Hi Chris,

as far as i understand you can have multiple playerStart positions within a scene and they can be controled by the property prevoius scene. So that means, the previous scene determines the startPos for the currentScene, right?

Unfortunately that's insufficient in my case. I have a scene with 4 playerStart positions and when the Player visit that scene he should control at which position he want's to start. It's a huge scene and it would bother the player to start from the same starting point again. If the player has already visited a certain area in this scene he can transport to this area again. Is there a way to give a playerStartMarker as a param through the actionList which changes the scene? Or is there an other solution for that?

Thx 

Edit: Should be working with Engine.ChangeSceneSettings -> NewDefaultPlayerStart ? 

(I can determine which pos the player choosed in the ActionList and dynamiclly change the NewDefaultPlayerStart pos) ? 

Comments

• there's an action list function which you should be able to use to achieve this:

engine > change scene setting > default player start. 
  • Using that Action will only change the default PlayerStart i.e. the one that the scene will rely on should it not be able to find any other one appropriate.

But bear in mind the PlayerStart feature is just a convenience: you could still just rely on teleporting the player in your OnStart Cutscene based on the value of e.g.a  PopUp variable.

You could even move the PlayerStart object itself, by using the Object: Teleport Action, and re-positioning it to the new place you want the player to appear.  So long as you also add the "Remember Transform" script component to it, then it's new position will be recorded for next time to re-load the scene.