Forum rules - please read before posting.

Move to marker precision

Hi.

I'm trying to achieve something but I have a problem with the precision of character movements.

When entering a scene, I made an animation where the player is walking from out of the screen to a specific marker. But I would like the Nav cam starting to follow the character once he reached the marker.
So I'm using a second fixed camera having the same coordinates as the marker and then I switch back to the Nav Cam following the player.

My problem here is that when the character moves to a marker it never reaches the exact position. It's always something close but not exact (for example the marker would be 13.4/0/0 but at the end the player would be at 13.41xxxx/0.05xxx/0).

So my fixed camera and my nav cam are not centered on the same point and it makes an ugly small movement when I switch back to the nav cam :(

Any idea my my player is never going to the exact markers position?

Comments

• And this is a 2D game?  What is your desination accuracy set to?  I may have to introduce a hack that kicks in if it's cranked all the way up to 1.
  • yes it's a 2D game. I didn't know about this option and I don't really know what it's for. I tried to set it to 1 but it's not better.