Forum rules - please read before posting.

A simple debugger ?

Recently I have been having problems with my scenes and to find the solution without any debugging tools was very difficult. For this reason most development programs include from the beginning a Debugger (Unity, Playmaker, etc.)

A relatively simple debugger that could already help is one which allows for tracing the flow of the program whether through breakpoints or messages in the console that stay there for closer inspection  maybe using a simple Debug.Log("name of the Action,,"). Ideally a small icon as part of the Action frame to enable a toggle a breakpoint would be swell.

Thank you for your help

Comments

• I'm open to the idea, but I'd also need to take some suggestions.  I like the idea of a breakpoint, but wouldn't it be a bit cumbersome to have to go into the actionlist itself to find it?  Or would a button with the relevant info in the scene window be better?

Currently you have the "Show active ActionLists" option in the Settings Manager, and the ActionList Editor window will highlight any currently-running Actions in green.
  • Anything that leaves a trace one could follow at leisure at the Console? not being cleared all the time like the "Show active ActionLists". The Console is the best screen to show errors as well as actions performed and you can see them as they occur while running the game.