Forum rules - please read before posting.

Persistant Engine Error

Hi, 

Every time i press play, i receive 2 error messages that keep coming back. Which results in cursor not showing, and game don't function.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
AC.Options.LoadPrefs () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Options/Options.cs:82)
AC.Options.Awake () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Options/Options.cs:39)
UnityEngine.Object:Instantiate(Object)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
AC.Dialog.AudioIsPlaying () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Speech/Dialog.cs:183)
AC.Sound.SetMaxVolume () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Logic/Sound.cs:277)
AC.StateHandler.UpdateAllMaxVolumes () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/StateHandler.cs:282)

I can temporary clear then, by creating an empty object, and putting a script that has a start function that clearprefs.

However, after a few plays, comes back....

Any ideas?

Comments

• If you're clearing the PlayerPrefs, that could be why.  Are you modifying them with any other script / asset?

Click "Reset options data" at the bottom of the Settings Manager to re-build them.
  • edited May 2015
    no modification of scripts or anything.

• I clicked the reset button. still there...
  • edited May 2015
    Another update:

Removed the one i was using. created a new one.

Still there.

Just incase: Version 1.45 (possibley a)
  • The one what?

In any case, options data has been rewritten for v1.46, so this error won't apply once the update is out.
  • edited May 2015
    one being the settings manager :P

Fantastic news on the update... 

Will just have to keep doing this clearprefs until 1.46 is released (as game wont run with error atm)