Forum rules - please read before posting.

Bug? Character>Animate action doesn't show options when chencking "Is Player?"

Hi,

I'm just new to Adventure Creator and I really love this tool already. I went through the tutorial to discover the different tools and I noticed something strange.

When adding an action Character>Animate in an action list, if I check "Is Player?" The options below doesn't show. It keeps showing the message saying that more options will be shown after selecting a character. To make it work I have to first select a custom character (player or NPC doesn't matter) which will make the options appear, then if I check "Is Player?" the options stay.

It's not a major problem because it works with this workaround (or I could just have selected the player in the list), but wanted to share the info to have a look into it for later versions.

As I'm new to AC maybe I just missed something that make this bug appear, but everything seems to work perfectly after making the tutorial.

Anyway, congrats for this wonderful tool, I really enjoy using it.

Comments

• Thanks, @Gog0, and welcome to the forum!

The various fields in the Character: Animate Action will vary depending on what animation engine you've chosen for your Character, which is why the Action needs to know which Character it'll be affecting before any more options can show.

Have you assigned a Player prefab in the Settings Manager?  That's where the Action will be looking if you check Is player?.  If so, what animation engine setting have you chosen?  You can find it at the top of the Player component in the Inspector.
  • Ok; I just have to blame myself... thought I did it but no I forgot.

So after assigning a plyer prefab in the game settings everything is ok:)