Forum rules - please read before posting.

Custom Cursors

So I've imported a few cursors I'd like to use as opposed to the default ones in AC. I have set their textures to Cursor type but when I place them in my CursorManager it does not update them. It continues to use the AC default ones despite the new ones being placed in the Texture selection box. Additionally all new cursors that I make don't show up at all.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Comments

• Which cursors are you changing - the Main Cursor, or the Interaction icons?  For the Interaction icons to display, your Interaction method will have to be Context Sensitive (in the Settings Manager), and Change cursor based on Interaction? will have to be checked in the Cursor Manager.
  • Which cursors are you changing - the Main Cursor, or the Interaction icons?  For the Interaction icons to display, your Interaction method will have to be Context Sensitive (in the Settings Manager), and Change cursor based on Interaction? will have to be checked in the Cursor Manager.
  • Well that worked for being able to display my Interaction cursors as opposed to the default ones. However I still want the behaviour of being able to click/tap on something and then choose from a list of options like Chose Hotspot then Interaction behaves. Is that possible?
  • I seem to have figured it out. Another person working on the project was over riding the InteractionUI prefab so instead of setting it in the cursors I needed to set the textures in that prefab! 
  • That's correct - if you are using Unity UI for your Interaction Menu, you must set your icons within the UI itself.  This is to give you the greatest flexibility when it comes to animating your UI.