Forum rules - please read before posting.

Inventory Glitch??? plz help

edited May 2015 in Technical Q&A
Hi,

I got a massive problem.

Whats happening is this (hope you understand)

I pickup key - item 1 in slot
I pickup clay - item 2 in slot

i use key on chest - breaks the key in two - this runs a cutscene that deletes item 1 (key) and adds new item broken key into slot 3

since item 1 (key) is no more, clay (item 2) moves into slot 1
and
slot three is now broken key (instead of 2 as it should be?)

i go into another scene (not related). pickup soap.

and here is the problem.

soap seems to want to be in slot 2, but don't appear. i cant drag any other item into that slot as game thinks its occupied.

Sorry - i fixed this now :P

The problem was solved by first removing an item from inventroy before adding a second.
This puts the replaced item into the first slot.

Comments

• edited May 2015
    I'm glad it's working for you now, but you shouldn't have to resort to that workaround.  However, I can't recreate the issue following your steps: no matter which way round I remove an item and add another, their ordered correctly.  Do you have "Items can be re-ordered in Menu?" checked in the Settings Manager.  That would cause items to no longer automatically remove any gaps in between them.
  • Yes thats checked already.

quick one.

in onload, i have a check that basically looks at a variable and if so runs a cutscene, otherwise a different cutscene. 

The problem im having is that once that cutscene is ran, it dont go back into onload to continue anything else below it...

is this how its supposed to work?
  • nevermind. i found run in parallel :P