Forum rules - please read before posting.

Question Regarding Isometic Camera in 3D

Long-time Unity user but new to Adventure Creator, and wanted to ask people more knowledgeable than me about implementing a fixed isometric follow camera in a 3D game similar to Stasis (or like the original Fallout, Diablo, etc.) I know how to do it in C# but haven't been able to duplicate it using a game or other type of Adventure Creator camera.

I've watched the latest videos, played around with the cameras, and done more than a few searches but I'm almost embarrassed to say something this simple isn't clicking with me and I'm obviously missing something. If anyone can lend a hand or give me a pointer or three I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!
MrSkyhenge

Comments

• Welcome to the forum, @MrSkyhenge.

The regular GameCamera prefab works fine if it's Projection is set to to Orthographic.  What exactly is the problem you've been having?
  • Thanks for your reply and confirming the GameCamera prefab is capable of doing
    what I'm looking for, and at least I know I'm on the right track (I'm not having any problems with Adventure Creator itself in terms or abnormal behavior or errors...I just can't seem to get the settings right). I'll keep at it until it I get it to do what I want.

I also re-read the manual and had missed the short section about custom cameras through my first read-through, so I can use that as a Plan B.

Thanks again!
    MrSkyhenge