Forum rules - please read before posting.

Allow Point & Click AND Direct mode

I have a game setup that would actually allow to point & click AND the use the cursor keys to navigate. How can I allow both to be active at the same time? Then the player could interact whatever way he prefers. Might also be easier to convert it to mobile this way but just guessing here.

Comments

• My game is actually setup like this without any problem. What isn't working for you?
  • I can chose either "Direct" or "Point&Click" in the Settings->Movement Method. How are you able to use both modes?
  • I will explain you later this evening (short on time now).
  • Thanks, really looking forward to it! :-)
  • Hi, in my game I control the player with the Direct controls but for the hotspots I use the mouse and the navmesh. What you probably want is both if I understand correctly. In that case you should set the controls to direct in AC. What you can do is set pathfinding to Unity pathfinding, download the Navmesh project from the asset store (I am not sure how its called but its easy to find). In this project, you will find the Navmesh scene that works the same as in AC but with mouse input. So use that and you have both direct and mouse controls. But basically you can just copy and paste the code and put it on your character. Only thing is you need to understand scripting a bit. There might also be a better solution but that is for  @ChrisIceBox to answer.
  • (I am sorry for my late response, couldnt post earlier :( ) If you have questions, please ask! I think I missinterpreted your question at first, because now I see you want really both options (This still should be fairly easy though, thankfully). 
  • Thanks for the answer. I actually have that setup currently: unity pathfinding, navmesh, direct control and when clicking on a hotspot the character moves there. 

What does not work is clicking on the floor to make the character move because it is not in point&click but direct mode.
  • So, you do have another script, but its not working?
  • You cannot move with P&C movement at the same time as Direct - it creates massive problems.  You can, however, switch between the two with a simple script function that adjusts the field itself in the Settings Manager.
  • Thanks for clarification Chris. Would have been great but I can also let the user select the mode.