Forum rules - please read before posting.

Object Animate

edited May 2015 in Technical Q&A
Hey Guys :)
I'm new to Unity and Adventure Creator, so I hope this one here might me easy to solve because I'm probably missing something obvious.
I want to simply play an Animation if I click on a Hotspot in a 2D Game.
In my example it's a door opening when the door knocker is used.
I created the Animation with the Sprite Editor.
As I understood from the 2D Tutorial I need an animation controller for animations to work. The controller "dooranim_0" exists, but I can't drag it into the Action List Editor and I can't drag any Clips into the Clip feeld.
Maybe there is something wrong witih my animated clip. I can't view it in this preview-like window ("No model is available for preview") and how this Animation Tool works is also a mystery to me. I created the clip by simply dragging the multiple-sliced sprite into the scene and a window poped up asking me to save as clip - which I did.
I hope someone can help :) Thanks!

Comments

• Welcome to the forum, @Gl00my_bear.

This isn't a question about AC, but about Unity's animation workflow.  You should check out Unity's manual on this topic if you haven't already.  You're correct that you need an Animator Controller - you'll need to add one to your sprite, and create an animation inside it that opens the door.  You'll then be able to reference it within the Action, and simply type it's name to play it.