Forum rules - please read before posting.

Hotspot only registering EDGES only

OK maybe this one is less unknown?
Ive got a couple of hotspots which at fist dont seem to work anymore, but then I discover that the edge of teh hotspot will work, but not the forward facing part. 
I of course try rotating it, and using that edge as teh main bit, but nope.. that didnt help...

Comments

• Is it occupying the same space as a non-Hotspot collider that's on the same Default layer?  I found that to be the case when I had a similar problem when testing.
  • Ill check... maybe...
    Makes me worried, not cos of this scene, but in my main scene that I have discussed before, is divided into areas, these areas are entered by entering HUGE sphere coliders, at most times in the game you are within one or other of thses spheres, they determine that THAT part of the games geometry is turned on... So AT ALL TIMES you are within at least ONE collider, adding a hotspot would be 2... and of course Im likely to have a hundred hotspots ion a game, all inside this one big Sphere collidoer.

Is this gonna be an issue, If so make a not to replace them with triggers from AC, and have more "invisible walls" that you walk through than huge spheres.

Mark
  • I'm only referring to Colliders that don't have "Is Trigger?" set, and even then only ones that have the exact same Transform.  If the Hotspot is even a tiny bit larger, you won't have the issue.