Forum rules - please read before posting.

HELP! Disaster! Sudden not working for no reason (?)

I cant figure out what happened, one second I was fiddling with my inventory AC to UFPS via playMaker stuff, and now, for no apparent reason, My camera isnt  happening..
OK what I thinks happening.. As far as I knoe, the UFPS camera isnt actually used, even tho its still IN the prefab right???

So when I launch ANY SCENE, in my game all I can see is the view from ACs MainCamera, in its original place, presumably 0,0,0. And probably falling...

AFAIK I was doing ANYTHING that could cause this, but for kicks? what could cause this.. Im guessing wrong tags or layers or shit???

INFACT.. rememer I had another post recently trying to get my intro cutscene to work AND HAD EXACLTY the same issue, disembodied camera falling falling fallin!!!

So it seems to be catching in may game.. And possible guess as to what the hell I have done..
My game is basically broken now!!!!

Comments

• EDIT: This is very odd..
    I know now that its something to do with my player prefab.
    (I know also that I was wrong above about the UFPS camera NOT being used...)

I got an older version of the prefab from Dropbox (my slightly crap back-up plan er..)
    and (apart from teh updates I had done since) it worked.. phew...

BUT THEN... half an hour later, when half way thru my RE-applying what I was doing.. suddenly it does it again-. Now I hti its the whole player prfab that is falling, not just the camera...

So it has to be something I was doing right?

But all I was doing was building a PlayMaker FSM that lives on the player.
    It waits for a message from AC that a hotspot containing an item has been clicked, and then adds it to the UFPS inventory, which is still needed (in thebackground) to display weapons..

Id also gotten my inventory to change weapons depending on what you clicked... not managed an UN equip yet... (aprt form the UFPS standard TAB)

I realise NOTHING of this has any relevance for why my players suddenly stop working...

but I must say IM GETTING SERIOUSLY FED UP WITH UFPS NOW!!

Im tempted to give the AC First Person a go...  or even swap to a third person game... that would change my game completely... have to think about this... 

• I can't speak for the inner workings of UFPS, but in my experience things do have to be exactly the way it wants things to be for it to work.  It could well be the PlayMaker FSM you attached to your player.  Does removing the FSM cause things to work once more?  If so, consider if it's possible to place the FSM on another object.

I apologise that I can't be more specific in my suggestions, but it does sound like this issue is stemming from the custom additions you've added - and it's not clear to me how much of this is AC's doing.