Forum rules - please read before posting.

Problems with creating characters (Mecanim & Model-Updates)

Hello there!

A couple of month ago I did a lot of testing with characters in AC. It became really easy to use mecanim controllers with AC. For some reason, I either forgot how to do it properly or it has a different workflow now. Following the written tutorial (which is a tad older I think?) I can move around the character, but it won't change the animation to it's "walk" animation.
I already heard that this might be part of the 2.5D tutorial. Is that correct? In that case everything is awesome and I hope it'll be online soon.

Another Problem I try to find the solution for is how to switch models inside the prefab once the models have been updated. I tried a few experiments with Empty Gameobjects being parents of the models, but without me being able to properly making the character walk (see problem above) I can't say for sure that if what I'm trying is working.
Are there any ideas on how to switch models more or less on the fly? Or do I have to do the whole character creation everytime I want to update a character model?

Cheers and thanks!

Comments

• So long as you supply a Mecanim float parameter as the "Move speed float" in the character's Inspector, then that should be manipulated appropriately by AC as they walk around.  The workflow for building Mecanim characters has not changed.

If there's a way to update a prefab with a new model, I would like to know it myself!  I've had to restort to rebuilding characters each time myself.
  • Then maybe I missed something really really obvious.
    I'll try again in the comming days, once school stuff calms a bit down.