Forum rules - please read before posting.

UFPS - AC Player Switch

edited April 2015 in Technical Q&A
Basically im trying to switch from the "Default" UFPS character to my AC character, and then back to my UFPS character, is this supported?

I tried to run this, but it doesn't work, it only activates the AC character, so i have 2 players in my scene and it keeps the UFPS one as the main one.

Heres my action and trigger:

Comments

• Any help here?
  • If you change the movement method to First Person before the new player is in the scene (and it's during gameplay, as this is), then I can see there being problems.  Try changing the movement method to None, switching player, and then changing the movement method to "First Person".  What happens then?
  • The new player is created, but the issue is with UFPS not being turned off. So i have it set to replace the player, but when i walk into the trigger, it simply places the new player next to the UFPS player and i control both of them at the same time with UFPS being the main camera.

• All right, I'll take a look at it - thanks for the breakdown.
  • Thank you, id appreciate it greatly.
  • OK.  Crack open KickStarter.cs and change the word "DestroyImmediate" to "Destroy" on line 631.

I would also advise you use a Player: Check Action at the front of these Actions so that they only run if the current Player is indeed the UFPS one.  Also bear in mind that the "Engine: Manage systems" Action will update the Settings Manager - so you'll have to reset the Movement method back to "Ultimate FPS" afterwards.  You could set this automatically by running an ActionList Asset when the game begins - defineable at the top of the Settings Manager.
  • Now that I've had some time to properly test this, I will not be making this change to AC officially - as it can cause some problems.  Instead, I would advise placing the Actions you've posted within a blocking Cutscene, and calling this Cutscene from the Trigger.