Forum rules - please read before posting.

Game start Cutscene

Hello!

Im working on the VERY FIRST intro scene to my game (before I actually even need the Player spawned)... you know, some few cameras fade together, an ominoise voice over ending in a Title and a start game button.

Thing is, I cant get my cutscene to work!
the camera is always the Player, and its loading in at 0,0,0 and falling. Not even jumping to PlayerStart, where presumable I could immediately do a Camera Switch.

Ive added the cutscene to the SceneCutscene On start slot. Made the Default Camera the first one I want (Camera1).
But nothing is happening...

I know its probably something obvious: 

Mark

Comments

• If you're making a UFPS game, then the "Default camera" will be ignored, since regular gameplay will make use of the UFPS camera.  Instead, you'll want to cut to the camera in the OnStart cutscene - what have you got in there already?
  • Not at my game machine right now, but I know that I created a new camera for the cutscene. CutSceneCam1 Then I made a cutscene, added the cutscene to the OnStart slot, then the first action of the cutscene was camera/switch to CutSceneCam1... which it didnt.

It seems like it IS loading the default camera or the one that is part of the UFPS player that still is instantiated due to the game preferences. All I get is a camera that is placed at 0,0,0, and falls, falls falls...

• It's not clear if this is a problem with your cutscene in general, or if it's to do with the fact that it's set to play on start.

Try running the cutscene manually once the game is running (select it and choose "Run now" in the Inspector).  Does it then run as intended?