Forum rules - please read before posting.

Ignore collision failed. Both colliders need to be activated when calling IgnoreCollision

Tested v1.44 today. 
I have problems if i set the Pathfinding Method to Unity Navigation and create some NavMesh Segments via AC. The Error "Ignore collision failed. Both colliders need to be activated when calling IgnoreCollision" and the character seems to ignore often the navmeshes, walking through no walkable ares and so. sometimes its rotating around? 
How to fix this and what could be the problem?

Billy

Comments

• edited April 2015
    In Unity 4 or 5?  And are you manually disabling any of the colliders in your scene?  You'll need to bake the NavMesh Segments before the player will recognise them.
  • i´m using unity 5.
    no i dont disable any colliders manually and the navmesh segments are baked.
  • edited April 2015
    the error occur for every navmesh segment i am placing in the scene and starting the play-mode

Ignore collision failed. Both colliders need to be activated when calling IgnoreCollision
    UnityEngine.Physics:IgnoreCollision(Collider, Collider)
    AC.StateHandler:IgnoreNavMeshCollisions() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/StateHandler.cs:122)
    AC.StateHandler:GatherObjects(Boolean) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/StateHandler.cs:101)
    AC.StateHandler:GetReferences() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/StateHandler.cs:85)
    AC.StateHandler:Awake() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/StateHandler.cs:51)
    UnityEngine.Object:Instantiate(Object)
    AC.KickStarter:Awake() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/KickStarter.cs:809)
  • I'm keen to see this solved, but I can't recreate the problem.  Laying down segments in a fresh scene and running the scene doesn't produce any errors for me.  Are there any other colliders in your scene that it may be the cause of this?
  • yes your right it was a lonley collider which caused the error. now its gone. maybe you can fire a debug.warning in case of this, for further ;) thanks for help, chris

Billy