Forum rules - please read before posting.

Implementing Mecanim Fly animation in First Person Movement and Touch Input mode

edited May 2014 in Technical Q&A
I have created a new unity iOS project and imported Adventure Creator(AC) with Movement set to First Person and Input set to Touch. I have followed the instructions for making a Mecanim based character for idle, walk, and run states. I have deployed to iPad for testing and everything is working fine.

I have a fly animation that I would like to add as an additional state to my animation controller. Based on my research, this does not appear it will be as simple as adding a fly state. First, what touch input can I use to transition to fly mode? I guess I could use speed like I did for walk to run? More important, how can I control the height/direction of the flight? I'm guessing this must be controlled via scripting and the AC Player script would not handle this?

Do I need to purchase a touch controller from asset store to give me more input functionality or can the AC touch input mode handle the ability to transition to fly state? If scripting is needed, are there any existing assets to handle first person flight that will work with AC or do I need to try and write my own?

I may be way off in my questions, but any guidance pointing my in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Comments

• I'm also wondering the same thing. I thought turning off gravity may allow me to move around space without falling, but no luck. 
  • For full control over your player's movement, you can use the Engine: Manage systems Action to disable Movement (so far as AC handles it).  This will let you write or load in a separate asset that handles your movement the way you want it - and AC can handle everything else.