Forum rules - please read before posting.

inventory problem

Hi i don´t know what happened but now when i change scene all the inventory object are lost. I didn´t ever have this problem so i don´t know what is it. I have unity 5 and adventure creator 1.43

Comments

• edited April 2015
    That's a very serious error, but not one I can recreate without more detail - a simple test of changing scene has items being preserved.  The more detail and information you can give me, the better I can help.
  • I don´t know what more detail i can give. The only thing i change was some players settings like resolution and quality. The rest it´s the same i was looking some console errors but it´s all clear. I try changing scene to name and again with number with it´s the same. When you change scene and the objects that are carry on the start are gone
  • Your current inventory is stored in the "PersistentEngine" object at runtime.  As a test, try re-naming it once the game begins, but before you change the scene.  Once you change scene, is it still the new name, or is it reverted?
  • It´s with the new name
  • Chris its solve but i´m worried cose i didn´t do anything again. So i will be in touch if this problems apear again
  • it happend again
  • I had a problem with inventory with 1.43a, maybe it's different from your case, but you can try.
    Disabling the "Items can be reordered in Menus" in the Setting Manager under the Inventory settings, solved my problems. In my case, with that option checked, in my inventory appear some object I never get and somethimes i cannot save the game.
    Hope this can solve also your problem.
    Bye
  • Thanks but option is disable
  • edited April 2015
    Try to think of any difference between your tests when it works and doesn't work - there must be something, however seemingly insignificant, different between them.  I'm all for helping, but it's crucial to determine the source of this first.

Some areas to consider:
    - Are you testing in editor or in builds?
    - Are you testing from the same starting scene each time?
  • - Are you testing in editor or in builds?
    Booth first i release this problem in the builds, but i went back to the editor and it was the same.

- Are you testing from the same starting scene each time?
    Now i have 2 scene and i test the two with the same problem.

Now it was stable for a few days. The only thing i change was some characters animation but i don´t see the connection with the problem 
  • So it's working now?  Make a backup of your game at this point, so that if the problem returns we have something working that we can compare it with.