Forum rules - please read before posting.

Cursor change over menu button

Hi Chris,

I'd like to change the cursor to Use (as opposed to Default) when it passes over a menu button.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Comments

• edited March 2015
    Update: What I'm trying right now is running two menus - one with the basic graphics, highlighting and Click functionality, and a separate tiny menu with a position set to follow cursor, and a background containing the icon I need (and perhaps some way to turn the default menu off). I can't get it to come on when it rolls over a button on the first menu (I know there is an "Interaction" menu element and I bet it's involved).

The 3d video tutorial is excellent and is answering many of my other questions. Thanks so much.
  • I think you're going to need a custom script to turn on/off the smaller menu based on whether or not the cursor is over the larger menu.

Then again, if you're going to rely on custom scripting, you'd probably be better off displaying the overlay in code.

Anyway, something like this should work:
    AC.Menu largeMenu = AC.PlayerMenus.GetMenuWithName ("TheLargeMenu");
    AC.Menu smallMenu = AC.PlayerMenus.GetMenuWithName ("TheSmallMenu");

if (largeMenus.IsPointInside (AC.KickStarter.playerInput.GetInvertedMouse ())
    {
     // Turn on the smaller menu
      smallMenu.TurnOn (false);
    }
    else
    {
      // Turn off the smaller menu
      smallMenu.TurnOff (false);
    }