Forum rules - please read before posting.

LOST AC work after upgrade to 1.43

HELP!! I know its the weekend but as a lone dev its teh only real time I have..

Im pulling my hair out... After upgrade to 1.43, I was lost in looking for improvements to my problems re UFPS player verses AC inventory.
BUT SOMETHING EVEN WORSE!!!

None of my hotspots are working now! I did alot of work with the previous verison, adding hotspots to entry and exit points to levels and some object hotspots.. although THAT ARE ALL VISIBLE and seem to have all teh right actions attached, none are working IN GAME..

Now I know a few settings are deleted on upgrade, but I thought Id re-implemented all the usual.
Set Layers, Tagged the Player (didnt tag camera cos of new instructions) added my old managers instead of the defaults, added scenes to build settings, and set my player in Game Editor/settings tab...

What am I missing? Dont tell me I have to start from scratch?

MArk

PS I really hope someone is looking at the at the weekend, Im gonna keep testing, any hints Ill post below...

Comments

• Update:
    Triggers work
    but even creating a new hotspot doesnt...

M
  • I have tried EVERY AC player I have ever made, and none of them trigger hotspots.
  • BIG HINT!!
    I made anew empty scene to test, dragged in MY Player, (originally a UFPS player that I have added my own weapons and footsteps to.. a lot of work so I didnt want to start from scratch)

It was ALMOST working... the weird bug I had before where mouse look is only with mouse button DOWN (Dont know why, but in another thread I explain that I would actually LIKE this functionality if I could get Anad D to be turn and not strafe soo.. I leave it for now)

Made a hotspot, still no interaction UNTILL...
    I pressed my button for Toggle Cursor, and Voilá ! I DO get a frozen character and a movable mouse that CAN interact with the inventory AND now the hotspot works!!

So there must be a stting for having hotspots only respone to mosue WHEN NOT in free camera mode.. No good.. I need my character to interact to be able to find things when he is walking about.

Off to look..
  • BINGO!

Ultimate FPS settings
    Only allow interactions when cursors unlocked

• nice, im still tryiong to work ouyt why he keeps shooting if you hold down fire. Glad you are getting there :)
  • I did have that too... wonder what I did?
  • edited March 2015
    Are you using PlayMaker?

didnt quite understand the solution now that I read it, but I did then.. its to do with the cursor tho...

Mine wasnt on hold down tho.. but might be related.
  • @radiantboy: I'm looking into that, will try to fix.

@markfrancombe: I apologise if that setting is a little obscure, but it's an important one to introduce if people are going to use weapons in the UFPS/AC games.  I'm glad it's been resolved, at least.
  • Mark - Im not using playmaker, sometimes i wish I was, but actually i find coding easier :)

Thanks Chris! Fingers Crossed