Forum rules - please read before posting.

Request/Suggestion: Add the ability to create holes in a NavMesh made of NavMesh segments

Would it be possible to add automatic creation of a "NavMeshCylinderBlocker" and a "NavMeshCubeBlocker" to the Scene manager under Scene prefabs -> Navigation (right next to NavMesh segment button)? The purpose is to create "holes" in a NavMesh. In some cases it's a lot faster to roughly tile a scene with NavMeshSegments, disregarding any obstacles in the middle, and then add these "blockers" for creating "holes" in the NavMesh.

I have already made the necessary modifications to AC myself, for the time being, but I hate having these "branches" that get overwritten with each update. I created the NavMeshCylinderBlocker and NavMeshCubeBlocker prefabs and placed them under AdventureCreator\Prefabs\Navigation, I added the two buttons to the Scene manager to instantiate the prefabs and place them in the scene under _Navigation->_NavMeshBlockers, I modified the SetVisibility method in NavigationEngine_UnityNavigation.cs to show and hide these "blockers" when the Visibility->NavMesh On/Off buttons are pressed in the Scene manager, and everything works just fine.

By the way, I used the word "Blocker" and not "Obstacle" as to not confuse it with Unity's own NavMeshObstacle, which I tried for this purpose as well but although it did work, I didn't quite like the way they work on the scene.

Thanks!

Comments

• What of the prefabs themselves?  What did you do to get them to act as obstacles for Unity's Navigation mesh generator?
  • In the Object tab of the Navigation window you can change the Navigation Area from "Walkable" to "Not Walkable" for these prefabs.