Forum rules - please read before posting.

Switch Camera will not work on this way

edited May 2014 in Technical Q&A
I'm using FPS view. I put image effects on it but it won't appear unless you turn on camera component. That solve my problems but another problem is if you are performing switching camera, it won't switch/work unless you disable camera component. Now what should I do?

Comments

• Yes this is a problem i am having also, and seems to only be an issue when using the FPS setup.

Anyone know what may be causing this or what needs to be done so that we can switch cameras in FPS gamemodes?
  • edited May 2014
    I think Adventure Creator is actually not for pro version of Unity because it doesn't support image effects due to the script of the camera that they produce

Hopefully they will soon because I'm really pumped to finish my game this week!

Or at least they know the solution how to fix it in this version
  • No, i dont believe thats the problem because i have image effects on my Point-n-click game and it performs the camera switch perfectly fine.

It is most likely an issue with the FPS Camera script conflicting with switching cameras because FPS cameras are children of the Player so they are not already present in the scene.

At least thats my theory. But we do need a solution or some insight into this issue because at the moment, i cannot continue my Logic stage of my development as intended because i cannot switch cameras when the player is talking with NPC's.
  • So Adventure Creator is support image effects but not for FPS view. Hope the creator of this plugin reading this because this plugin is awesome! But, the issue make me little bit sad :(
  • edited May 2014
    Try this:

• Click your FPS camera that the player will be using to play with.
    • Make sure that the "Camera" component is disabled. (not the object, just the component on the object)
    • Make sure the "Depth" is set to 1
    • Make sure the camera has the 'First Person Camera" script attacked to it
    These steps should allow for a FPS camera use when its assigned as the game camera in the Game Editor.

-Good Luck
  • I will try this and tell you if it's working or not, thanks!
  • edited May 2014
    Nothing changes, there is no image effects appear on my camera, did I do it wrong? Or your steps is for another purpose?

Click image to see better view

• And you have the FPS camera assigned in the Game Editor field under "default camera"?

If so then id just wait for a response from the Icebox staff.

Sorry i couldn't be of more help
  • edited May 2014
    Oh not yet. Sorry.

EDIT : Am I doing it right? If I do, well I have tested it but image effects still not appear on the camera :(

Anyway thanks for trying to help me :)

• My problem is solved. ChrisIceBox messaged me about it

"As for FPS view, don't place effects on the First Person camera itself:
    just the MainCamera prefab. It's this prefab that does the actual
    rendering, and you won't have to turn on the First Person camera
    component either"

Thanks a lot to him :D
  • Alanj2007, what did ChrisIceBox say about switching between FPS view camera and other cameras? I would like to make a cutscene but can't seem to get the cameras to switch.
  • @revanchist: Are you using UFPS or regular AC First-person?  So long as you're in a gameplay-blocking Cutscene, camera switching should work just fine, regardless of your movement method.
  • I was using regular AC First person. The gameplay blocking bit was what I forgot to do! Thanks for responding, @ChrisIceBox.