Forum rules - please read before posting.

[Solved] Triggers wont function after changing scene

edited May 2014 in Engine development
I got a trigger that checks whether you got a spesific item. If it has, it would say "you got the item".

It functions normally once the game starts. The room the game starts has 2 exits (window and coridor). If i enter one window scene and come back to the room. The triggers wont work. If i go to coridor and comeback, the triggers works.

I've checked both scenes and nothing seems out of the ordinary to cause this reaction. Any ideas are welcome.

Comments

• 1) Is the trigger active?  If it's not, it's Collider component will be disabled.

2) Are you actually carrying the item when it fails?
  • Hi.

1) The trigger is always active, it checks whether the inventory has the spesific item to funciton.

2) In order to debug, i included the item from the start. The item is present at all times.

As i've mentioned before. Its really strange. I'm now considering whether the player start of the "window room" causes player to move out of the path or something. I'll check this to see if it would work.
  • Well actually it was not the scene changing that's causing the problem but the playerstart markers and markers were misaligned.

It seems while topdown visuallity all of them looked at the same level, when infact some markers were way above trigger positions.

So simply they were floating above the triggers. This problem is solved on its own :)