Forum rules - please read before posting.

Possible bug with "Walk" cursor

I've noticed the "Walk Cursor" feature doesn't work very well for me. I checked "Provide walk cursor" in Cursor manager -> Walk settings and also "Only show 'Walk' Cursor when over NavMesh". Problem is, the Walk cursor is showing whenever the cursor is above ANY collider and not just above my NavMeshSegments. Just for the sake of testing I placed a simple cube on the floor in my scene and the Walk cursor is indeed showing whenever the cursor is above that cube even though the cube has nothing to do with the NavMesh. The corresponding Raycast in the ClickPoint method in PlayerMovement.cs has no layerMask to filter the colliders it seeks (to hit only those colliders on the NavMesh layer), which made me think it might be a bug.

NOTE: I'm using version 1.41b but nothing in the release notes of versions 1.42-1.42c states anything related.

Comments

• That function is not just used to detect the correct cursor, so it'll need a bit of testing to see if that's the correct way to fix it.  I will look into it.
  • Great, thanks!
  • Thanks for fixing this! I tried it on version 1.43 and the Walk cursor seems to show now only for the NavMesh.

It does, however, exhibit a strange behavior that I don't know if it's a feature or a bug. The thing is that the Walk cursor becomes visible when over the NavMesh even though the NavMesh may be blocked by another collider on the Default layer. For instance, if I have a room with a wall in the middle, the wall visibly-blocking the NavMesh behind it, the Walk cursor still shows when pointing at the wall. I guess I expected it to behave more like a hotspot, for instance, which can be easily blocked by placing a collider (or a Collision Cube) in front of it.

Is this behavior by design or maybe a bug?

• That sounds like a bug.  Will investigate.