Forum rules - please read before posting.

Switching Characters and sorting map

edited May 2014 in Technical Q&A
I managed to rig up my two main characters and switch between them nicely. I have one question, how do I use the sorting map between characters?

It seems like if I have a circle collider on the NPC version, one character pushes the other around whenever they walk close. If I get rid of it, they don't push but they don't follow the sorting map with each other. They just overlap strangely, if Character A is in front and you make Character B active, Character B will always be behind Character A even if he moves to the "front" of the screen/sorting map. He behaves normally within the scene scaling wise but not with the other character as far as overlapping is concerned. Hopefully that made sense :) 

Thanks!

Comments

• I understand the problem, though the solution isn't so obvious.  Please leave it with me.
  • edited July 2014
    So I keep encountering a weird problem with my character switcher, it doesn't replace the player character with an NPC? It just removes the character from the scene. If I start with the player and an NPC, the NPC is replaced by the new player character but the player isn't replaced by an NPC. When I switch them back, the new player simply disappears and the new player appears. It seems like they appear in the correct spot that the NPC would've been, just the NPC doesn't appear? But if I just click the characters back and forth at the start of the scene without moving either of them, the original NPC character does come back, if you switch him to a player character then back to an NPC. 

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong. I first thought maybe I had them on the wrong layer and the BG was covering them, but I deleted the BG and still encountered the problem. In the older version of the engine I never had a problem with it, but since 1.35 its' been doing that to me. Thoughts?
  • I'll have a look into it.  In the meantime, the previous issue is fixed in 1.36.