Forum rules - please read before posting.

Duplicating Actionlist still points to original

If I duplicate an action list, and change the duplicate, the original also contains the changes. I think I reported this a while back, but I was just wondering if there will be a fix for this soon? Maybe when duplicated it is also duplicating some sort of unique identifier, which needs to be updated, so they dont both share the same identifier, which is no longer unique, if you know what I mean :)

Without this fix I will be spending many weeks repeating the very same tedious tasks :) 

PS, this just worked with an NPC - I think it didnt used to, so maybe apply the same fix :)

Comments

• You can't dupliate the scene objects - this is a limitation of the way Unity behaves, and not something I can fix.

But you can still copy all of the Actions in one object and paste them into another - just use the ActionList Editor window!  Right-click to select all, then copy / paste from one to the other.
  • Oh thanks! Didnt see that, I was using copy component and pasting that, I will try that out thanks, what a god send.