Forum rules - please read before posting.

1.33 a few bugs still

edited May 2014 in Engine development
Just setting up a brand new project with Unity 2d / iOS.

Creating a hotspot to display some dialog returns the following error:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
AC.PlayerMenus.LateUpdate () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerMenus.cs:674)

Also using the Demo2d managers in a new scene have a Sound related error pop up in the console:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
AC.Sound.SetMaxVolume () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Logic/Sound.cs:156)
AC.Sound.Start () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Logic/Sound.cs:54)

Comments

• Try clicking Reset options data in the Settings Manager.  Does that fix it?
  • Nope makes no difference. Exactly the same error.

Version 1.31 was pretty much bullet proof. 1.32/1.33 seem dependant on which way the wind is blowing at the moment. I just created a new project and I was back to the same Settings tab not loading again. So I deleted the Project settings files apart from the Tags and Input and it started working again.

I'm running Unity 4.3.4 Pro/iOS Pro on the Mac.

• I apologise for the problems, the changes made to 1.32 were intended to increase support, not reduce it.

I believe I have finally found the root cause, and am uploading 1.33a as I type.
  • No need to apologise! I really enjoy the product. Just frustrating sometimes. I'll persist in finding bugs and reporting them as I create projects as I believe it's a great product which should feel solid to use.

Keep up the great work!
  • Thanks.  1.33b seems to have sorted things out, though I'd recommend deleting the AC folder before updating in your case (just this once).  See here.