Forum rules - please read before posting.

Play Speech - Same line, mutiple Objects

Is it possible to have the same speech line for multiple objects? Right now if i create a hotspot -> LookAt -> PlayDialogue -> SpeechLine he creates a new line, cause i can not refer to an existing one. Is every line unique? In my case i have lots of stuff with the same speech line, do i have to use multiple audio files (physical copy)  for the same line?

Comments

• Solved, i can copy the interaction DialogueSpeech, he will make a new entry but with the same Id. I thought he would generate a new one.
  • But this didn't work in different Scenes. Is there a way to refrence to the same Id?
  • Can you create an asset actionlist with your speech line and call it from your hotspot's interactions?
  • edited June 2015

yes, something that came in my mind also, but i'm a bit affraid of doing this, cause i have set up a lot of dialogueSpeech components refering to sound files. Didn't want to mess up the IDs. What makes me a bit unsure is that when you start gathering text, all IDs are refering to a specific scene (you can filter them) - by using an assetList it's not referenced to the scene right?

• If two speech lines with the same ID and same text/speaker are found, then the Speech Manager will combine them into one entry in the list of found lines.  Duplicating a line with an ID will re-use the same ID, as you've seen - so you should be able to re-use the same audio file for both.
  • edited June 2015

But i have no control over the ID - Duplicate works only within the same sceen.

For example:

Scene A - Id: 200 - Speaker: Tex - Line: "Hello"

Scene B - Id (not generated yet) - Speaker: Tex - Line: "Hello"

will Combine them? (Id 200)

Using the same text/Speaker will work?

• As i expexted, it won't work only with the same text/speaker. You said ID/Text/Speaker - but how can i do this without editing the Id he should reference to?
  • You have to duplicate the speech Action itself - not create a new one and try to edit the ID number.

Unity has a problem with copying Actions between scenes, but you might be able to do so if you copy/paste the Action into a temporary ActionList asset first.  (So copy scene -> asset -> scene).