Forum rules - please read before posting.

Activate Unity UI GUI

On recommendation I implemented a Unity UI menu instead of using the Adventure Creator menu editor.

However I can't find a way to activate and de-activate this menu. I want to click on a hotspot, then choose an interaction that enables it. The menu itself will have a button to disable it.

This was possible using the Adventure Creator menu editor but there does not seem to be a way to link them together. I followed the tutorial on the subject but the 'Source' value in menu properties is absent.

Comments

• edited February 2015
    Just to be completely clear, it's this Source option that's missing? You can't choose between Adventure Creator, Unity UI Prefab, and Unity UI In Scene?

• edited February 2015
    Hi, yes that Source box is completely missing. It goes straight from Menu name: to Start game locked off?

Additionally I can't find a way to pause the game whenever the menu is on screen. Hotspots are still active and overlay the menu and the game runs in the background.
  • What version of AC are you using? Support for Unity UI wasn't introduced until version 1.41, so any version before that probably didn't have a Source option.
  • edited February 2015
    I've just checked on a new project and when Import adventure creator with it I am given the Source option. I'm sure the version I was using was above 1.41 anyway as I only started in November.

My old project does not have that option. Is there anyway to move all my files and scene to a new project? or update the current project?
  • Update your current project via the asset store and you should be fine.

Make sure you have a backup of your entire project folder first, of course.
  • How do I update my current project? Is it as simple as importing from the asset store? If so, what do I import and what do I ignore.
  • I've found that when importing, my entire scene hierarchy disappears and the hierarchy menu does not function correctly with what is left. The game does not function correctly as a result. 
  • Could you elaborate?  How exactly did you update AC?  So long as you weren't editing the demo assets, your scene shouldn't have changed - are you saying it's all been deleted (the actual file as well), or a new scene has loaded?  If the latter, you should be able to just re-load the scene you were previously working on.

Any more info / screenshots would help us resolve this quickly.  Anything in the Console log appear?
  • Hi Chris, I updated by importing AC into my project. Once I've done this and play my game through the window, the hierarchy disappears. Any assets are still within their folders and the scene is still the same. The hierarchy does not function correctly, in that what is left (a few adventure creator objects) cannot be clicked.

I think it may be due to a botched import.

To counter the problem, i simply copied my files into a new project, loaded up the copied scene and swapped the managers to my old ones. Things seemed to have worked fine from there.
  • edited February 2015