Forum rules - please read before posting.

Import AC, Nothing Happens

Hi Chris,

I opened an existing project and for some reason 'Adventure Creator' has disappeared from the top nav bar. I'm also getting a bunch of compiler errors from third-party assets indicating that AC is missing.

I re-import from the asset store, select all, and still nothing. I then upgraded to Unity 4.6.3 and AC 1.42c, tried again, still nothing.

One thing I did notice, trying again on a fresh project, was that more files are available in the import window than if I try and re-import on an existing project.

What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• edited February 2015
    @SlapDashAsh: When you update AC, it only updates the files necessary, so it makes sense that you'd have more to import when doing a fresh install.

Without more detail there's not much else I can say at this stage.  Does it work with the fresh project?  If so, there could be a conflict with one of your third-party assets.  You haven't said exactly what the compiler errors are - the detail more you can offer, the better chance we have of getting this sorted for you.

@24pfilms: I have replied to your thread.
  • Thanks Chris, here's some more info...

I've upgraded everything - Unity 4.6.3f1, AC 1.42c and Dialogue System 1.4.6.1

Besides 'Adventure Creator' missing from the top nav bar, here are the errors I'm getting:

Assets/Dialogue System/Third Party Support/Adventure Creator/Scripts/Sequencer Commands/SequencerCommandAC.cs(41,60): error CS1501: No overload for method `Interact' takes `1' arguments

Assets/Dialogue System/Third Party Support/Adventure Creator/Scripts/Sequencer Commands/SequencerCommandAC.cs(55,78): error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for `AC.AdvGame.RunActionListAsset(AC.ActionListAsset, AC.Conversation)' has some invalid arguments

Assets/Dialogue System/Third Party Support/Adventure Creator/Scripts/Sequencer Commands/SequencerCommandAC.cs(55,78): error CS1503: Argument `#2' cannot convert `int' expression to type `AC.Conversation'

• Tony from Dialogue System sorted this...

"Import the updated Adventure Creator Support package in Dialogue System/Third Party Support. Chris changed the API in Adventure Creator 1.42, which necessitated some updates to the support scripts."