Forum rules - please read before posting.

CharacterController.Move called on inactive controller

Hi, trying again with UFPS integration :) Been an emotional ride of hair tearing and desk punching so far but I feel like I must be getting closer somehow. Im getting this error and cant move, ideas? Im trying to use my own advanced ufps prefab.

CharacterController.Move called on inactive controller
UnityEngine.CharacterController:Move(Vector3)
vp_FPController:OnMessage_Move(Vector3) (at Assets/UFPS/Base/Scripts/Gameplay/Player/Local/vp_FPController.cs:1459)
vp_FPController:FixedMove() (at Assets/UFPS/Base/Scripts/Gameplay/Player/Local/vp_FPController.cs:619)
vp_FPController:FixedUpdate() (at Assets/UFPS/Base/Scripts/Gameplay/Player/Local/vp_FPController.cs:268)

Also the hardware mouse pointer itself appears 3 times, once in middle of game, once in AC editor window and once in the console, all flashing. How do I hide the mouse from being available ? If I click it will actually take focus of the windows outside the game.

Comments

• Are you using both the latest AC and UFPS packages?  Are you using Unity 5 or 4.6, and what are your various cursor-related settings under "Interface settings" in the Settings Manager set to?

I can't speak for the UFPS-side problems, but if you want to make your own prefab, I recommend you start from either of the ones available on the downloads page and start from there.
  • I was constantly getting the "CharacterController.Move called on inactive controller" warning in my build (no UFPS) after some tweaks in the scene.
    It appears that the issue had something to do with the NavMesh, which was not re-built after I removed some slopes. Rebuilding the NavMesh fixed it for me.

So, if anyone reaches this page because of the same issue, give this solution a try. :)