Forum rules - please read before posting.

Timer?

edited February 2015 in Technical Q&A

Hi,

is there a way to run a timer in the background, when it expires an ActionList i.e. will be called?

Something like an event will be triggered after a specific time. I only found Engine.PauseGame (Run in Background) - but only 10 seconds for each are possible.

I need this in game, not in coversations or qte.

Comments

• If you use parameters, you can set the pause time in the "Engine: Pause game" to anything you like.

Create a new ActionList asset / Cutscene, give it a float parameter, and set that to the pause time of a single pause Action.  Then give it another parameter, this time a gameobject, and set that as the "Cutscene/ActionList to run" in a "Engine: Run ActionList" Action.  Finally, set the actionlist to Run In Background.

You can now call this list whenever you need to run another list after a set time.  Use the "Engine: Run ActionList" Action to call it, and you'll be able to set the time, and the list to run after that duration, each time.

More on parameters can be found here.
  • Yes that sounds good, didn't know i could set the pause time by parameter. Thx a lot Chris.
  • I needed this too, thanks OP and Chris
    :D