Forum rules - please read before posting.

How to Stop Changing the UFPS Camera During a Cutscene?

Hey Guys,
This asset is one of the best I've ever used on Unity, and I continue to find more cool things it offers. I keep coming across an issue using the UFPS character controls where when I switch to another camera, the UFPS camera is still following the mouse. I can't seem to make it so that when you click on a hotspot, the location of your first person camera locks in its place, and then doesn't resume until the camera is completely switched back? This is what my cutscene Actions are. 

Thanks so much,
Josh

Comments

• If your UFPS prefab is set up correctly, you shouldn't have to disable free-aiming to lock the camera during gameplay-blocking cutscenes.  Try using the UFPS prefab available on AC's Downloads page, and remove the Player: Constrain Action.

On the other hand, if you want the player to have control over e.g. Hotspots etc during this cutaway, use the Engine: Manage systems Action to temporarily set the movement method to None.
  • Thanks so much, I got it working with the Manage systems option, looks great!