Forum rules - please read before posting.

Issue with Touchscreen Controls and a Custom Scripting Question

I've been using the Adventure Creator (really great stuff btw) to prototype some ideas for a new mobile adventure game. First Person and Touchscreen controls are perfect for what I need, but I'm running into an issue when I make builds. 

The Touchscreen control method works fine when I run from within the editor, but whenever I make a web or PC/Mac build (for testing purposes) it doesn't work at all. Other control schemes like Keyboard/Mouse work just fine when I switch to them and make a build. Is this due to how Unity makes builds interacting with how Touchscreen is set up in Adventure Creator (like I have to make an Android or iPhone build for it to work) or is there something I'm doing incorrectly with AC? 

The second issue is more of an inexperience issue than a bug type problem. I'm trying to figure out how to create a script that, when a raycast detects a certain kind of object, it sends a signal to an Arrow Prompt to turn on. (Basically so you can scroll around with the touch controls and then when you see a hotspot you can flick forward to activate or go to it) I'm not the best programmer (part of why I love this plugin) so I'd appreciate any help anyone can give me on this.

Thanks! 

Comments

• If your Input method is set to Touch Screen, and you're not running in the Editor - yes, AC expects you to be running on a mobile device.

As for your other issue, you may be able to make use of the Trigger prefab.  A Trigger can be used to run an ActionList when a certain object enters/leaves it's boundary.  If you parent such a Trigger to e.g. your MainCamera, you may be able to do something like that.

However, know that in the Settings Manager you can also set your Hotspot detection method to Player Vicinity.  You can read more about this feature in section 5.1 of the manual.