Forum rules - please read before posting.

Character Floats

Newbie here. When my first-person character goes up stairs, he floats when coming back down. I made sure I have "Use Gravity" selected under Rigidoby and also "Ignore Gravity" not selected under the player script, but he still floats around anytime I try to come down from stairs.

Any ideas???

Comments

• It's not clear whether this is a bug, a problem with the scene, or a problem with the player prefab - so we'll have to do a bit of elimination here.

Set your player character to Tin Pot, the demo player, which is found in AdventureCreator -> Demo -> Resources.  That is set up to use gravity by default, so see if that works for you, and we'll work from there.  It's set up to use First Person, too.
  • I tried it with Tin Pot and he worked fine. I spent an hour or so comparing settings and couldn't find anything.

I bumped up the gravity setting and it seems to work now, although I don't know if my character will be able to jump. So, I'm not sure if this is a real fix, or just a work around?
  • If Tin Pot works, I'm afraid it must be down to some difference (however hard to find) between the two prefabs.

Know that you can also raise the jump force from the Settings Manager, under Movement settings.