Forum rules - please read before posting.

First Person Falling

I am seeing a little strange behavior when I load a game.
The player will fall through Scenery Objects. ( Not the Terrain )

I place the "PlayerStart" A tad above the ground ( On the terrain )
Start Game.
Walk up a stair case.
Walk on a wooden cat walk.
Save Game
Quit
Start game and load
I am in fact on the cat walk but the player is to low and ultimately falls to the terrain.
I have tried to place the PlayerStart way up in the air but I still get the same results.

It seems as though the  terrain is fully loaded in scene and has collision before the Teleport
to player start occurs. My "Guess" is the other scenery objects are not loaded in scene 
before the Teleport to player start is ran, ( I may be way  off base with that )

Any suggestions to prevent the falling?

Comments

• edited January 2015
    You haven't said which of the two saves you're loading - the one at the PlayerStart, or the one on the catwalk i.e., what should the player collide with first?  Also, are you using UFPS, or AC's built-in First Person mode?
  • Im using AC built-in First Person mode.

I am loading the cat walk saved game.

The player "Should" be colliding into the cat walk first, preventing him from dropping to the terrain.

In the cat walk saved game case,
    when the player loads the game on the cat walk and falls through He is then stuck forever
    resulting in a New Game start.

This falling thing seems to only happen when Using "Load Game" but I havnt had a good deal amount of time this week to fully test things.

• Package your scene into the bare minimum needed to show the problem off, and send it to me via PM.  I'll take a look.