Forum rules - please read before posting.

Action List

I have an action list I am attaching to doors.
it might be me simply not attaching the proper scripts. But Im getting strange things happening.

I have 2 doors. Each using the same action. ( Wood Door )

The action list will set the HotSpot to "Off"
rotate door by 90
wait 2 secs.
rotate door by -90
set HotSpot to "On"

Here is the problem :
Open door 1
RUSH inside
Open door 2
At this point Door 1 starts to rotate all crazy and Door 1 HotSpot never gets turned back to On. It almost seems like the second action list wipes out door 1 action and starts to control both doors. I assumed action lists would run independently.

Each HotSpot and each door have a ConstantID script attached.

Did I over look something ?

Comments

• after testing this for a while.
    The action lists seem to "trump" other running action lists -vs- action lists running independently.
    Do I have to re-script each door ( door in this case )  all independently?
  • I'm not clear how exactly you've been doing this.  Are you attaching ActionList scripts directly onto the doors?  You should rely on the prefabs listed in the Scene Manager.  You also need to be careful never to duplicate ActionList gameobjects, as the two lists will merge together.  If you want to copy Actions from one list to the other, use the ActionList Editor to select them all, and copy/paste.

Screenshots of your set up would help to answer further.
  • sorry, I completely forgot I posted this.

I am convinced all this door handling problems are caused solely by me.
    Im still mudding my way through things trying to get a grasp on all the tools and how they work together.
    My problems stemmed from using a timer in the action list is all.
    I have ultimately set globals to track each doors state ( either opened or closed )
    and run an action list ( either close or open a door )
    everything is now working as expected.