Forum rules - please read before posting.

Integrating UFPS does not work

I'm using AC 1.41 and UFPS 1.4.9

I'm pretty sure i've done all the steps in the "Integrating with Ultimate FPS" Tutorial, but i get an error :

UnityException: Tag: PersistenEngine is not defined!
UnityEngine.GameObject.FindWithTag(System.String,Tag)

It must be in the KickStarter.cs stateHandler-Method

There is no "PersistentEngine"-Tag defined.

Comments

• edited January 2015
    Ok, found out that some Setting are getting overwritten when importing UFPS. I tagged the PersistenEngine again and no error occurs. Now i have to set back the Input Settings to get it run. Try that later. 
  • edited January 2015
    Doesn't work. There is no error but after tagging "PersitenEngine" again and didn't import the settings, but the movement doesn't work right.

Still have the same "input"-settings, but the mouse will not move. The cursor is locked (correct), movement with w s a d works (before it worked also with the cursor-pad) but the mouse does not.
  • Ok, i download the ufps-prefab from this site and it works, have to check out what i missed.
  • From your description, it's not possible to tell the reason why it's not working for you. 

UFPS requires that you have "Mouse X" and "Mouse Y" declared in your Input manager.  Are these present?

Otherwise, check your Player prefab.  Go to the AC Downloads page and grab the sample UFPS prefab.  Set it as your player, and see if that lets you free-aim.
  • edited January 2015

Yes, MouseX and MouseY is declared.

Ok, i found out that in your description you didn't mention to set State Default -> "DefaultInput". It's shown in the screenshot, but if you don't know that the original Default is empty, you might overlook this cause i follow all the steps youre describing and don't compare each setting from the screenshots.

Hm, free-aim doesn't work anyway, i compared every setting to your prefab, didn't found the difference. I gave up and use the dl one.

• @UndyingSpite you must first click on the "UNBLOCK" button that is on the right side of the State Default.

After clicking on this, above will show the Mouse Look and Mouse Cursor options.